Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Studio and what it takes!

I take great pride in what I do. It is my baby and I am constantly nurturing it. I have received many questions about how much my studio costs per month, how much it cost to setup shop and for the grand opening. Here is a simple breakdown of those costs. This does not include cost of equipment owned previous or how much it actually cost me to run the business.

Deposit at lease signing: $1400
Bathroom remodel: $100

Studio basics per month:
Rent and utilities: $900
Random bills: $100
Supplies: $15

Frames,prints canvas and albums for studio: $2600
Seating (also used for props) $500
moveable wall: $125
backdrop box: $75
tables and storage: $500
props including backdrops, pillows,rugs,etc.: $1200

Grand Opening: $637

You should have at least 6 months rent saved when walking through the door.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

It's a great place Melissa! Congrats on your new studio!